We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Vinegar, washing-up liquid, soda crystals, baking soda, Sommières earth… There are plenty of tips for effectively cleaning and disinfecting a mattress. Here is the anthology of our best advice for a clean mattress where it is good to snooze.
- The B.A.-Ba for effective mattress cleaning - Disinfect a mattress with vinegar and washing up liquid - Clean a mattress with baking soda - A clean mattress thanks to the soda crystals - Special stains
1. The B.a.-Ba for effective mattress cleaning
Often forgotten in the bedroom, the mattress nevertheless accumulates a large number of dross and bacteria, often invisible to the naked eye! It is therefore necessary to clean it regularly. Prefer an early cleaning so that you can let your mattress dry well (in the open air or directly under the sun's rays) for the rest of the day. The hair dryer is also a parade to seriously consider! You can then slip into a dry and clean bed in the evening.
2. Clean a mattress with vinegar and washing up liquid
Ultra effective, the white vinegar and dishwashing liquid combo will help you properly clean your mattress. Mix 500 ml of white vinegar and two large spoons of dishwashing liquid with 200 ml of warm water. Arm yourself with a non-abrasive sponge and rub your mattress with your mixture. Once finished, rinse the mattress with a clean sponge making sure there is no trace of soap left. Make sure your clean mattress is completely dry before putting your bed linen back on.
3. Disinfect a mattress with baking soda
For a deep mattress cleaning, baking soda will be your best ally. In addition to cleaning, it disinfects. Humidity, dirt, bacteria, mites ... Nothing can resist it. Sprinkle the baking soda directly over the entire surface of the mattress. Leave on for a good hour, then vacuum before repeating the operation on the other side.
© GOAL / Aviva
4. A clean mattress thanks to the soda crystals
© Garden Glory / Maisons du Monde Known and recognized grandmother's trick, the use of soda crystals to clean her mattress has more than once proven itself. All the more reason to adopt it! Start by putting on household gloves and then dilute a cup of soda in hot water. Soak a sponge in your mixture and rub over the entire surface of the mattress, emphasizing the stains, if there are any. Then rinse with a wet washcloth. Then dry the mattress with a hair dryer. To avoid bad smells, you can generously sprinkle your talcum mattress, then vacuum it after 8 hours of action.
5. The case of specific spots
* Perspiration stains: Sommières earth is particularly effective for this type of stain. Sprinkle, leave to act, brush then vacuum. * Urine: absorb the excess with a cloth, then sprinkle with baking soda before vacuuming. If the stain is well encrusted, you can use white vinegar to clean it. moreover, for the little ones' beds, a sponge mattress protector can save you a lot of time! - * Blood: dab the stain with a cloth soaked in alcohol vinegar, then rinse with another damp cloth. a blow of hair dryer, and presto, voila!